Mobile number: 00961 76 50 59 96
- Home: 00961 01 37 44 12
- Office – JUSTICIABeirutConsult: 00961 01 61 17 17
- Email: [email protected]
- Beirut – Lebanon
- Actually collaborating in general Judicial matters with JUSTICIABeirutConsult Law Firm.
- Director-General of the Ministry of Justice (June 2014 – March 2019).
- President of the Commercial Chamber of the Beirut Court of Appeal (2003 – June 2014).
- Acting first President of the Court of Appeal of Beirut (2012- 2014).
- Lecturer at Saint Joseph University (USJ) in Commercial Law (2005- Present).
- Lecturer at the Institute of Judicial Studies in Commercial Law (2012 – Present).
- Lecturer at the Lebanese University French section (Filiere) in Commercial Law (2008-2019).
- Lecturer at the Islamic University of Beirut in Commercial Law (2017-2021).
- Represented the Ministry of Justice at the Common Committee for the implementation of the Libano- Italian protocol concerning family matters.
- Represented the Ministry of Justice for an economical general study with the cooperation of ESCWA.
- Councilor in the Commercial Chamber of Beirut Court of Appeal (1981- 2000).
- Acting president of the Commercial Chamber of the Beirut Court of Appeal (2000- 2003).
- Delegate of the Ministry of Justice (In the legal department from 1977- 1979 and in the legislation and legal consultations department from 1979-1981
- Lawyer in the Beirut Bar Association(1972- 1973).
- Diploma of Law (includes 2 certificates in French law and Lebanese Law) in 1971, from St-joseph University in Beirut, Ranked number 1.
- Masters Studies in Political Science in 1971- 1972, in the American University of Beirut- Magistrate nomination in 1973.
- Comparative Law diploma in 1974, “Institut français de Droit Comparé- Paris.”
- Arabic (native)
- French (Fluent)
- English (very good)
- Spanish(diploma from Cervantes institute-1978)
- German(basic studies in Goethe Institute 1978-1981)
- In Arabic
- Role of Judge and Arbitrator: complimentarily or antinomy, published in the judicial journal “Al Ad” in 2010.
- First Demand Guarantee, published by the Dubai international arbitration center journal “arbitration in the Middle East, volume 2, special edition” in 2006 published in the judicial journal “El Adel” in 2006.
- The female judge influence on Society, published in the journal of the Lebanese center for studies in 2000.
- The Medical Error, published in the law journal of the ministry of justice named “Al Nashra al-qadayah” in 1976.
- In French
- Interpretation of the article 887, paragraph 2, of the code of Obligations and Lebanese contracts, in the light of the judgment of the court of appeal of the commercial chamber, in 09/05/2000 – published in “Conferences du CEDROMA (Centre d’Etude des Droits du Monde Arabe), volume 1, BRUYLANT 2004.
- In English
- First Demand Guarantee published by the Dubai international arbitration center journal “Arbitration in the Middle East”, volume 2, special edition 2 in 2006.
- In Arabic
- Seminar on the independence of judges, held by Legal Agenda with the cooperation of the “Faculte des Siences Juridiques, Politiques et Sociales deTunis” in Tunisia 2011.
- Training seminar on “Strengthening the capacity in the professional career”, held by the Ministry of Justice with the cooperation of ACOJURIS (Agence Cooperation juridique internationale) from 2010-2012.
- Seminar organized by the French Institute of magistrates in Paris for Arab judges in the commercial and financial field- November 2008.
- Regional seminar for women judges on the importance of women judge, held by the Egyptian ministry of justice with the cooperation of the British Alexandria in March 2009.
- Electronic commerce, workshop organized by the AWLN (Arab Women Legal Network) in Bahrain- Qatar- in 2006 and in Beirut in 2007.
- Fundraising for NGO, workshop organized by the AWLN in 2006.
- Training on public education skills, workshop organized by the AWLN in Cairo 2006.
- Leadership and communication skills, workshop organized by AWLN in Beirut-2005/Amman-2006/Cairo-2006.
- In English
- International arbitration, Workshop organized by the AWLN in 2005.
- Mediation, a workshop organized by the AWLN in Amman in 2005.
- NGO governance – Accountability to communities -Good governance- Separation of governance and management, seminars organized by the AWLN in 2006.
- Leadership and communication skills, workshop organized by the LLWB (Lebanese League of Women in Business – Beirut 2007).
- Work-Life balance, workshop organized by the LLWB (Beirut 2007).
- “Concept Paper & Proposal writing”- Training seminar (2011), organized by the Lebanese development Network.
- Insoleurope Academic Forum – Istanbul, 8-9 October 2014.
- UNDOC – Management and disposal of seized and confiscated ASSETS and UNDOC – Regional workshop for competent authorities practioners and policymakers from Egypt and Lebanon. (Cairo – Egypt 15-16 November 2014).
- OHCHR “Moving away from the death penalty” – Expert seminar, Algeria December 2014.
- Workshops on the e-commerce principles held by the hub of AWLN in January 2007 in Amman- Jordan, and at the Saint Joseph University May 2007, I presided the activities of the hub as a board member of the AWLN.
- Different workshops and conferences on human rights problems on both the national and international level 2014-2019. (For example: in juvenile delinquency, women’s rights, corruption, terrorism…).
- In French:
- Decoration Award from the president of the French republic President Emmanuel Macron in 2019, for my work on legal principles and support for the Francophonie.
- Actually, collaborating with different NGOs on human rights in Lebanon.
- Lecturer on human rights problems (lectures given in January 2022:
- To the legal institute of the Beirut Bar Association (on the difference between making justice and applying the law).
- To the parliament experts on subjects related to the implementation of the human rights plan, impact of the law, implementation decrees and social violence against women).
- Member of the IAW (International Association of Women Judges), from 2005 till 2010. Attended its international congress in Sidney- Australia- in 2006.
- Board member of the AWLN from 2005 till 2009.
- Founding member of the AWLN (Arab Women Legal Network), a non-governmental regional association headquartered in Amman in 2005 and member of the board from 2005 till 2009.
- Member of LLWB (Lebanese League for Women in Business), a non-governmental regional association, from 2004 till 2008.